Written by Omaha Trails Hits: 11059
The Keystone Central has a diverse but pleasant character. The trail begins at 72nd and Pacific Street in the heart of a commercial district including retail, restaurants, and bars before proceeding through the park-like settings of Aksarben Office Park and the College of Saint Mary.
The landscape and views are idyllic through the first half of the ride before the park crosses to the east side of the creek at Karen Park. The remaining section to Harrison Street is wide open with only a few trees and mostly large industrial parcels where it makes its connection with the terminus of the Big Papio trail.
Seymour Smith Park is one of Omaha’s premier parks and a pleasant quarter mile diversion with a myriad of activities including the more common activities of soccer and softball with some unusual counterparts including trap and skeet shooting, radio controlled aircraft, a Soap Box Derby track and disc golf.
Future link to the Field Club trail at F Street is under construction and will be completed in 2012.
Length: 4.31 miles
CLICK HERE for a printable PDF map
- No water stops
- No restrooms (until Seymour Smith Park)
- Very sharp turns at two locations (Heritage Park & Karen Park crossings)
- Proximity of the backyards just north of L Street are a distraction
- 3 bridge crossings within a half mile available at Heritage Park
- Nice scenery including the creek, parks, and open spaces
- Ample parking at a variety of locations
- Shopping opportunities for beverages, cookies, or furniture near the starting point
- Great view of the Union Pacific bridge towering 80 feet overhead south of I-80
To navigate the map you can click on your left mouse button and drag the map in any direction. You can either use the zoom tool on the upper right corner of the map or the zoom wheel on your mouse to zoom in or out on the map.
If you know of any trail features we should add, please do not hesitate to contact us with suggestions.