Written by Omaha Trails Hits: 9670
The Connector is the City’s answer to the lack of east-west trail connectors. It defies the characteristics of most creek trails by running through quiet neighborhoods and along lower volume streets. It also runs contra-flow to most of the trail network, running from the southwest to the northeast.
As noted on the map, the Elmwood Park/Connector ultimately will connect the Riverfront trail with the Keystone trail at 72nd and Pacific Street. However, the current segment is short, running only 2 miles from the Keystone, through Elmwood and Memorial Park and ending at Underwood Avenue. A bike lane has been striped on the west side of Happy Hollow and 51st Street but is narrow and recommended only for the intrepid.
Length: 3.05 miles
CLICK HERE for a printable PDF map.
- Short distance
- Elmwood park is crowded during the summer making passage difficult for bikers
- Several conflicts with crossings from the Elmwood Golf Course
- A pleasant diversion from the Keystone connection
- Scenic and quiet
- Connections to Elmwood Park and Memorial Park are worth the trip
- Abuts the University at Nebraska at Omaha
- Ample parking
- Restrooms at Elmwood (open seasonally)
- Drinking Fountains and Restrooms available in most buildings at UNO
To navigate the map you can click on your left mouse button and drag the map in any direction. You can either use the zoom tool on the upper right corner of the map or the zoom wheel on your mouse to zoom in or out on the map.
If you know of any trail features we should add, please do not hesitate to contact us with suggestions.